There are so many reasons to look forward to summer including the abundance of fresh produce. The Cuttler Produce team doesn’t like to favor any single fruit or veggie, but come summertime, we are not shy about saying that squash / zucchini is terrific in so many different ways. Everyone always thinks of the classic dishes like zucchini bread or zoodles, but we are excited to offer up this amazing zucchini tart which takes just minutes to create and is guaranteed to be the star of any summer get-together!!!
- 1 round store-bought refrigerated pie dough
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Put a baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the pie dough on a piece of parchment. Slightly raise the edges and crimp. Stir together the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl, then spread the mixture over the crust.
- Put the zucchini and thyme in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil; toss gently to combine. Arrange the slices over the mayonnaise mixture.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Slide the parchment paper onto the pan and bake until the crust is golden and the zucchini is tnder, 20 to 30 minutes.