New Jersey's Premiere Produce Wholesaler
Product of the Month
Our featured product of August is: Peach!
A peach is a soft, juicy and fleshy stone fruit produced by a peach tree. The peach (Prunus persica) is a deciduous tree native to the region of Northwest China between the Tarim Basin and the north slopes of the Kunlun Mountains, where it was first domesticated and cultivated.
Check out the Recipe for Northwest Salmon Salad courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; top with dill sprigs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Flake salmon into large pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, red pepper, snipped dill, capers and remaining pepper and lemon juice.
- Divide lettuce among four plates. Top with peach, hazelnuts, blueberries, onion and salmon. Serve with dressing.
1 serving: 305 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
News & Info from Cuttler Produce
The Produce Blog
Cuttler Produce owner was quoted in this recent article on Whyy.org regarding the possible affects of a border shutdown. “It would be a huge impact to the consumer,” he said. “Probably …
When you think of how that hardy kale plant has been producing its super nutritious (and super popular) leaves all soggy winter long, it’s especially remarkable (maybe even miraculous) that …
In New Jersey there are plenty of wholesale food distributors to choose from, so why should your restaurant choose Cuttler Produce? Here’s just a few reasons. 1. 30 Years of …