Our featured product of June is: Mango!
Mangoes are juicy stone fruit (drupe) from numerous species of tropical trees belonging to the flowering plant genus Mangifera, cultivated mostly for their edible fruit.
It is the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines, and the national tree of Bangladesh.
Check out the Recipe for mango habanero black bean tacos courtesy of Love & Lemons
- 1 small mango, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 diced red padrone pepper (or ¼ cup red bell)
- juice of 1 lime
- splash of olive oil
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1-2 teaspoons mango-habanero jam or similar (see notes below)
- 4-6 flour (or gluten free corn) tortillas
- optional: crumbled cotija cheese
- optional: greek yogurt w/ lime & salt
- In a medium bowl stir together diced mango, red onion, red pepper, lime juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, avocado, black beans and 1-2 teaspoons of mango habanero jam. Add a few generous pinches of salt. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill until ready to use.
- Char (or warm) your tortillas, and fill.
- Optional: top with crumbly cheese and/or seasoned greek yogurt (or sour cream), and extra habanero jam on the side.